February 04, 2018
The cuticles of high porosity are very porous. This is the level where hair is dry and can lead to breakage even damaging your hair from the root. The appearance of the cuticle in high porosity hair may look uneven or frizzy because the cuticle is raised and lifted. The cuticle is opened willingly to receive moisture and more moisture and then some more moisture.
Solutions for High Porosity Hair 1. Minimize Heat Stay away from heat for right now. Heat opens the cuticles. So if your cuticles are already opened you might not want to add heat that will make it even more porous. This can cause extreme damage to your hair.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Apple Cider Vinegar helps to return your hair to a neutral pH and closes the cuticles. After washing your hair, you rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar. 1 part apple cider vinegar to 1 part water.
3. Protein Treatments-Draw cuticle being filled. Protein treatments are great for your high porosity hair because they assist in providing hydration and moisture. When you apply protein treatment, apply to clean damp hair. Protein is going to fill in the cuticle openings and strengthen the cuticle The protein is going to attach to your strands and at the same time, protein is going to hold on to the water. This is how your hair will become hydrated and moisturized. and help to smooth the hair. Now, if your hair is course, you may not need as much protein because your hair is already built with an abundant source of protein. If you decide to still go with a protein treatment, don't do it as often or shorten your treatment time.
4. Deep Conditioning Deep Conditioners moisturize and strengthen the cuticles. Don't use heat with deep conditioners as heat opens the cuticles and makes you hair more porous. Apply the deep conditioner to damp or slightly damp hair. Let it set for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse. Depending on the condition of your hair, you can perform a deep conditioning treatment once a week, biweekly or monthly. When it's time to rinse your conditioner out, you can perform the next solution which is cold rinsing.
5. Cold Rinsing Rinsing your hair with cold water will help to close the cuticles. So after washing your hair, rinse with cold water. This will add shine and keep moisture in especially when you add a sealant to your hair which leads to the next solution.
6. Seal in Moisture The goal for high porosity hair is to get the cuticles to lay down enough to retain moisture. So sealing your hair with a sealing oil like Jojoba or grapeseed or using a product that will lock in moisture will definitely help with retaining moisture. When you seel make sure to add your product to damp hair and not soaking wet hair because you want that product to be able to penetrate instead of only water that you've soaked your hair with. Remember, water swells the cuticles and certain oils and butters help to seal the cuticles.
7. Finger Detangling Finger detangling will help to smooth the cuticles.
We created this system to take the guesswork out of choosing the right products for your high porosity hair. The High Porosity Hair Care System cleanses, repairs, moisturizes and seals your hair in 4 easy steps. This line consists of fruits, honey, yogurt and other natural ingredients that assist in closing your hair's cuticles and helps to retain moisture. This system prevents split ends, strengthens and repairs dry or damaged hair. Adds luster and leaves your hair feeling soft.
www.KriyaBotanicals.com https://www.facebook.com/kriyabotanicals http://instagram.com/kriyabotanicals
Comments will be approved before showing up.
February 04, 2018
February 04, 2018
Deals! Deals! Deals!
Get all the latest coupons and discounts!